Trail length and time required
200 m of altitude gain and 300 m of rope length. 1.5 - 2 hours, including descent approx. 2.5 - 3 hours.
SAFETY ON THE VIA FERRATA
The Austrian Alpine Club has published 10 recommendations for climbing on via ferratas in order to increase safety:
- Plan carefully
- Destination should correspond to personal abilities
- Use complete set of professional climbing equipment
- Don’t access the route in the event of a thunderstorm
- Check wire rope and anchors accurately and critically
- Partner check at the access point
- Maintain sufficient distance
- Talk clearly when overtaking someone
- Watch out for falling rocks
- Respect nature and environment
Tips and hintsMore details about climbing in Ötztal:
Getting thereLängenfeld is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
Follow the Ötztaler Bundesstraße through Längenfeld towards Sölden. At kilometre 24,6 turn right to the district Astlehn. parking is possible at the roadside.
Cross the road and sich keep left at the rock wall. After 5 min. you'll reach the access point.