SATTELE -> Amberger See -> SATTELE
Distance 8.7 km
You start at the parking place "Sattele". From there follow the hiking path through the forest to the lake Ambergersee. Enjoy the nice view from the lake to the mountain Acherkogel, which reflects in the lake.
To come back to Sattele you first walk on the wide forest road to the asphalt road and back up to Sattele.
A visit at this lake is a local insider tip! Enjoy the silence there!
Safety informationModerate mountain trail; for sure-footed and experienced hikers. Good physical condition, mountain experience and mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary. Please pay attention to the current weather report: www.oetztal.com
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is thelongest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to theentrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the countryroads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Ochsengarten:
- above Ochsengarten - paid parking at the Sattele
32T 645924 5232660
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view