Since there is no rest stop on the whole way, we recommend to take a snack.
Safety informationEasy hike; suitable for beginners and walkers.
Please pay attention to the current weather report: https://www.oetztal.com/de/sommer.html
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the
longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the
entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country
roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Längenfeld:
Parking in Au before the bridge / Elektro Optimal - free of charge
Book recommendation by the author
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots,
wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid
box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.