For very good mountaineers with glacier passes and promising peak ascents. Sometimes small climbing is also there. The royal tour in the Sellrainer mountains. Demanding high alpine tour with many summit ascents. Round trip on the high alpine trails with summit hikes from chalet to hut between Sellrain-Ötz and Inntal through the Sellrainer mountains, Stubai Alps. Experienced mountaineers will have their pleasure in this conditionally demanding tour. In 8 stages on promising paths and beautiful peaks through the Sellrainer mountains and Stubai Alps. Through Sellraintal, the Ötztal to the Inn valley.
Getting thereGries is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingGries at the end of the village - chargeable
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.