From the Bodenegg Jausenstation you cross the river and walk along the cross-country track over the sports field back to Zwieselstein.
Safety informationPlease inform yourself about the conditions and status of the respective winter hiking trail at Ötztal Tourismus.
T +43 (0) 57 200 200
Tips and hintsMore details about winter hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/winterwandern
The drive to the ÖTZTAL. Located in Tyrol, the ÖTZTAL branches off to the south as the longest side valley of the Eastern Alps. Arriving by car leads guests over the Inn Valley to the valley entrance and further along the Ötztal. In addition to the toll motorway can also be used on rural roads. With the route planner, the journey can be quickly and easily determined:
To the route planner: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Zwieselstein and Sölden:
- parking Zwieselstein
- parking Zwieselstein / sports ground
All parking is free during the day.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSuitable equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high hiking boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap, and gloves, are required for all walks and tours. The transport of a first aid package, a mobile phone and possibly aHiking map is recommended.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.