Comment to insurance:
Well insured with steel cable and foot clamps.
Supplement to difficulty:
short passage B/C, usually A and B.
Entry to the via ferrata:
You walk from the car park to the fire station. From there you see already the via ferrata.
Descent the via ferrate:
From the exit you walk the way back to the car park.
More details: www.climbers-paradise.com/en/
Inside tip: the Piburger Lake is a must have, if you are in Piburg.
Safety informationSAFETY ON THE VIA FERRATA
The Austrian Alpine Club has published 10 recommendations for climbing on via ferratas in order to increase safety:
- Plan carefully
- Destination should correspond to personal abilities
- Use complete set of professional climbing equipment
- Don’t access the route in the event of a thunderstorm
- Check wire rope and anchors accurately and critically
- Partner check at the access point
- Maintain sufficient distance
- Talk clearly when overtaking someone
- Watch out for falling rocks
- Respect nature and environment
Tips and hintsMore details about climbing in Ötztal:
By roadThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Piburg:
- car park Piburg; payable