Demanding but worthwhile mountain bike tour in Tumpen. Two managed huts are waiting for you!
Distance 14 km
The starting point is in Umhausen at the Mure car park. From there, follow the Ötztal cycle path (No. 11) out of the valley. You cycle comfortably through the wide meadows on the asphalt path to the Maria Schnee chapel, through the hamlet of Lehn-Platzl to Tumpen. In Tumpen you cross the street, drive past the elementary school and reach the end of the village. There you leave the Ötztal cycle path (no. 11) and turn left towards the front Tumpenalm and Armelenhütte. A gravel road runs up numerous serpentines. After a while you come to a crossroads. There you can either drive to the front Tumpenalm or right to the Armelenhütte. Both huts are managed. Once at the top, you can enjoy the mountain panorama and an original Tyrolean mountain snack.
Safety informationVery demanding MTB track with difficult passages that require both excellent stamina plus advanced biking techniques. Steep uphill and downhill stretches await you. Stamina oriented and skillful technical biking on high Alpine panorama tours ist he main priority.
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Umhausen:
- car park Mure, free of charge
32T 646183 5222566
EquipmentApproproate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, helmet, gloves, glasses, GPS device or detailed maps. If there is no hut on the way please bring a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view