A short but worthwhile mountain bike tour to the Stuibenfall - Tyrol's biggest Waterfall.
Distance 1.8 km
The starting point of the route is at the Mure car park in the center of Umhausen. From there you cycle towards the church and turn left at the bridge into Sandgasse. You drive along the village next to the village stream to a crossroads where you choose the middle of the three streets. Follow the course of the road until you reach the fields. Here you choose the left road and comfortably cycle along the paved path, which soon turns into a gravel path. Past the legendary "Stuibennannele" to the Waldcafe Stuböbele. Park your bike at the bridge and walk the last few meters to the foot of the waterfall. There you can admire the unique natural spectacle.
Safety informationFamily-friendly trekking or MTB route suitable also for standard bicycles, offering good road or trail surface (gravel, asphalt or similar surface). The gentle climbs do not require special skills, cycling techniques or above average stamina. Enjoyable cycling is the main priority.
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Umhausen:
- Parkplatz Mure, kostenfrei
32T 646181 5222540
EquipmentApproproate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, helmet, gloves, glasses, GPS device or detailed maps. If there is no hut on the way please bring a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view