The trail noww climbs steeply to Wannenkarsattel (2.916 m). Fantastic views of the crystal-clear Lake Wannenkarsee. The trail leads along the ridge to Wilden-Röte-Spitze (2.966 m), the highest point of this panorama trail.
Continue to Rotkogl (2.894 m) and via Hinterer and Vorderer Brunnenkogl to Brunnenkoglhaus (2.738 m). Somer parts of the trail user steel cables for protection.
Safety informationSure-footedness and a good head for heights are required!
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereObergurgl-Hochgurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl:
- Parking village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is also located) car park with coin-operated
- parking place entrance to the valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge - no parking
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.