Follow the main village road from Obergurgl, below the University Center and towards the last houses. Then turn right into the Alpine meadows and continue to David's Hütte. The leisurely walking trails takes you further on to a ledge (wayside cross and bench) located opposite Nasenwand wall. Heading to the left, you follow a picture-book, slightly rising trail through the 400 year old Stone Pine Forest until you reach a small slope. Conquer the western flank of Hohe Mut on a slightly to moderately climbing gravel trail in the direction of Rotmoostal, across a bridge to Schönwieshütte (serviced). A short, very recommendable hike (15 minutes) takes you through grasslands up to Schönwieskopf peak offering stunning vistas of Gurgl's Rotmoostal side valley.
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereObergurgl-Hochgurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
Show elevation profile Hide elevation profile
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.