Follow the hiking route from Obergurgl via Pirchhütt's Bratbrücke bridge and cross Lobbach until you get to the number 39 trail fork-off. The winding path stretches up the steep slope in the direction of Sonnbergalm. Walk past the fork-off to lake Nedersee and enjoy lovely Soomsee mountain lake. From the lake in north-western direction towards the high Alpine valley leading to Gurgler Schartl (2932 m). The ascent to Gurgler Schartl via Stockferner glacier, amid the mountain lake area, can be quite exhausting. On top you are rewarded with marvelous panoramic views of the southern Alps incl. Ortler peak.
Updated: June 15, 2018
Getting thereObergurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 654886 5193392
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Push the arrows to change the view