Along the gravel road from Obergurgl south-eastwards to the middle station of Hohe Mut mountain gondola, steep ascent to Gaisbergtal valley. Continue to Gaisbergferner glacier (end of marked hiking route!), keeping to the left on the glacier. A steeply climb path travels up the side moraine on the (orthographic) right side that takes you to the small glacier field of Hochfirstferner. Roping up is absolutely necessary here: follow the northern edge of the glacier (crevasses!) until you get to the peak flank (below), cross the mountain fissure (can be quite challenging if there is no snow!) and ascend on the 45-55 degree steep flank to the rocky but rather easy-to-reach summit of Hochfirst.
Getting thereObergurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 654726 5190342
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.