The Magical Forest of Sautens
Hi, it's me - WIDI, the sheep from the Ötztal. Come with me to the Magical Forest of Sautens! I'll introduce you to my animal friends. Look at this! A bee smelling a flower. Right next to it, a truly beautiful butterfly flapping its tiny wings. By the way, did you see the speedy little field mouse?
Download - Flyer (PDF)
Look at this!
A bee smelling a flower. Right next to it, a truly beautiful butterfly flapping its tiny wings. By the way, did you see the speedy little field mouse?
Be enchanted yourself and join us on an exciting walk full of adventures through the Magic FOREST of Sautens.
WIDI will show you the way, and introduce you to all his little friends - the forest animals. Find out how they live, what they need and why it is so important to protect them. Say hello to the busy bee, the fluttering butterfly, the tiny field mouse and many many more little forest animals.
From the scenic „Drei-Kirchen-Blick“ vantage platform you take a look at WIDI‘s habitat. At the end of this Magic Walk you can romp around at the superb Forest Playground!
- Open all year and free of charge
- Walking and hiking trail especially for families, perfectly suitable for prams
- Walking time: about 1 hr
- Learning by discovering nature in a playful way on different stations
- HIGHLIGHT: „Drei-Kirchen-Blick“ vantage platform, large forest playground
- Car park at the trailhead in the center of Sautens (next to elementary school above the church)
Every animal and every plant in the forest has a special task. When an animal species disappears, the life of the other animals also changes. That’s why it’s important to respect all forms of life and protect the ecosystem.