guided tours only in summer
T +43 57200 500
Rescued from Oblivion for Generations
The Mill in Piburg was operated by the locals until 1914. Due to much cheaper imported flour, operating the mill was no longer profitable and the building decayed before it was completely pulled down. The deciding factor for the reconstruction was the finding of old millstones in 2011, which are now also used in the newly rebuilt mill. Since 2014, the mill serves as a popular meeting place for the locals: here they bake bread together and for all those interested there are guided tours incl. authentic bread baking on the program. More details and booking at the Oetz Information Office.
Starting point: Piburg car park
Lakeside Gastronomy: Restaurant am See; Seehüter's Hotel Seerose; Seehäusl Piburger See; Gasthof Piburgersee