A local commission checks the ice quality and officially allows to access the ice skating area of Lake Piburger See in Oetz - for both for ice skaters and winter walkers. especially nature-loving ice skaters enjoy gliding on the frozen water surface. It is free of charge. A truly inspiring feeling coupled with superb views of majestic Acherkogel, the landmark of Oetz. Gasthof Piburger See has an ice skate rental station. As soon as lakeside ice skating is allowed, a shuttle bus takes winter fans from Oetz to the lake and back again.
Facts on the natural ice rink at Lake Piburger See:
- Opening hours: for the natural ice rink a minimum of ice thickness is required! Also walkable for hikers. Information available in our information offices on site.
- Free use
- Ice skating area: 2 km long, 4 meters wide
- Ice skate rental: Naturpunkt - Gasthof Piburger See in Piburg, T: +43 5252 6295
- Refreshment stops: Hotel Seerose and Gasthof Seehäusl am See (Thu-Sun)
- Ice curling: not possible
- NEW: changing rooms and sanitary facilities
Entering the ice is at your own risk. Please pay attention to barriers, gates and signs on site.
In addition, Lake Piburger See is also a great starting point for other winter activities such as tobogganing or winter walking. More information can be found here.