Ice skating on lake Piburger See near Oetz
Cool nature arena for top performances
Anyone who tried ice skating only indoors or on an artificial ice surface accompanied by loud music, can look forward to this unique attraction. At lovely lake Piburger See ice skating gets a completely new dimension. Indulge into magical silence on the frozen, snow-covered lake surface in front of expectant winter sports fans. Then you simply start gliding on cleared tracks around the lake until your cheeks glow.
New perspectives for skaters and hikers
While lake Piburger See is one of Tirol's warmest swimming lakes in summer, it turns into a giant playground for ice dancers and snow princesses in winter. They can make their rounds on a two kilometer long and 8 meter wide ice rink which covers almost the entire lake. In addition, also winter walkers venture to set foot on the frozen natural lake by enjoying fabulous views of the surrounding peaks, such as majestic Acherkogel. When the shadow slowly reaches the ice surface and you have already made enough pirouettes, the homely inns in the nearby hamlet of Piburg invite you to warm up and restore your energy.
Facts about the natural ice surface of Lake Piburger See
- Rates: free of charge!
- Opening hours: the natural ice surface is open to skaters and walkers only if there is a minimum ice thickness.
- Ice skate rental: Gasthof Piburger See in Piburg
- Ice curling: available, equipment rental on the spot, Piburg winter room
- Entering the ice surface is at your own risk. Please observe all barriers and signs on site!
- Parking: Hotel Seerose and Gasthof Piburger See in Piburg (parking for a fee)