Hochoetz ski area information
Families are wild about it ...
In Hochoetz a well-balanced mix of perfectly groomed blue, red and black ski runs ensures that winter sports enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels will find their favorite ski slope. Lift lines are a thing of the past: Top modern mountain lifts promise a quick start into a joyful skiing or snowboarding day. Lots of hits for kids inspire the little ones during their first steps in the snow. Modern snow-making systems guarantee enough snow on all ski runs from December to April.
Did you know that? Facts about the Hochoetz Ski Area
- Hochoetz records an average of 64 sunshine days per season. The Austrian average is 54 days. The Hochoetz ski region is one of country's five sunniest ski resorts.
- The altitude of the ski resort: between 820 m (Acherkogelbahn base station) and 2272 m (Wetterkreuzbahn top station) above sea level
- 13 modern mountain lifts have a capacity of 18,039 people per hour
- The Hochoetz ski region covers 39 slope kilometers which are awarded the Tirolean ski slope quality seal (blue 12 km, red 21 km, black 3 km, ski routes 3 km)
- Absolute snow guarantee - 100% of all ski slopes are equipped with snow-making systems featuring 98 modern snow cannons & snow lances
- 7 ski huts provide perfect stop-off options
- Welcome to Austria's first Igloo Village: it looks like a huge snow hill from the outside but it turns out to be a miraculous world of snow and ice. Both day and overnight guests are welcome.
- Everything for the next generation: WIDI Kids Land, 4 ski schools and 4 practicing ski lifts, child-friendly slopes, all-day kindergarten, kids' restaurant, theater, children's activity course, WIDI's Slope Tips, WIDI Fun Park and much more will make your skiing day an unforgettable experience
Night skiing Ochsengarten 17.12.2019 – 14.04.2020
Night owls can hit the floodlit slopes of Ochsengarten (Balbach Wiesenlift) every Tuesday from 8.00 pm to 10.00 pm. Holders of the Tirolean Family Pass and tourists with a valid guest card can use this service for free.
The ski slopes of Hochoetz also convince experts right down the line. Every year those responsible for the most renowned test portals and platforms meet in the ski resort and review the offer according to severe quality criteria. The results speak for themselves and motivate us to continue developing attractive offers - only the best of the best for our guests.
The Hochoetz ski resort caters completely to families. The little ones receive a friendly welcome at the Hochoetz mountain station. There is a kindergarten there for children as of 2 years old as well as a children's theater. In the three children's areas that are operated by the 4 ski schools, the kids have plenty of room to practice their first curves.Three practice lifts in the ski resort, a practice lift in Ochsengarten and child-friendly slopes offer skiing fun for the whole family. At the Kuehtaile chairlift, you'll find WIDI's slope tips, where the rules of the slopes are explained to the children. Happy Family Weeks with special discounts for families are also offered.
According to a review of several Alpine Ski Areas (2015/2016) made by the "CHECK24" portal, the Hochoetz Ski Region is highly recommended especially to families and to the youngest winter sport fans.
The scenic Hochoetz Ski Region at the entrance to Ötztal Valley makes a truly perfect winter sport area for families. It is second in the overall ranking. Hochoetz has 41 lovely slope kilometers and is among Ötztal's smallest ski regions - a great advantage especially for families and novice skiers. Unrivaled winter holidays are guaranteed thanks to the family-friendly atmosphere! Three Kids Lands offer colorful fairytale figures. Four Ski Schools provide expert skiing instruction. The Ski Kindergarten takes care of little guests over 2 years. "For skilled little skiers we recommend the blue pistes right next to the Balbach, Ötzi and Wesel ski lifts," states Martin Bauer. Along the slope you will meet WIDI, the funny little sheep mascot giving plenty of useful advice. Children also find a real activity paradise off the ski runs: they recharge their batteries at the Kids Restaurant or enjoy the entertaining Theater in the Kindergarten every day.