From there you turn right onto the forestry path above the meadows to Kaisers.
From Kaisers you can either walk the same way back or you can take the paved road along the Ötztaler Ache via Schmiedhof and Rechenau back to the Freizeit Arena Sölden.
You also pass the playground "Waldele" on the way.
Safety informationPlease inform yourself about the conditions and status of the respective winter hiking trail at Ötztal Tourismus.
T +43 (0) 57 200 200
Tips and hintsMore details about winter hiking in Ötztal:
Getting thereThe drive to the ÖTZTAL. Located in Tyrol, the ÖTZTAL branches off to the south as the longest side valley of the Eastern Alps. Arriving by car leads guests over the Inn Valley to the valley entrance and further along the Ötztal. In addition to the toll motorway can also be used on rural roads. With the route planner, the journey can be quickly and easily determined:
To the route planner: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Sölden:
- Parking lot Postplatz
- Giggijochbahn + underground garage
All parking is free during the day.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves.
It is also important to bring food, water, a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.