ÖTZTAL XC SKI CENTER->Sonnenplateau Track->ÖTZTAL XC SKI CENTER
Distance 3 km
The 3 kilometer long cross-country skiing track leads, slightly ascending and descending, right to the heart of Niederthai‘s sunny plateau and across endless fields. Past the scenic houses of Niederthai or along the forest edge you can enjoy uninterrupted panoramic views. The Nordic track offers three alternatives of intermediate difficulty for sporty Nordic skiers.
Safety informationPlease pay attention to the current weather- & avalanche report: https://www.oetztal.com/de/winter.html &
Tips and hintsMore details about cross country skiing in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/langlaufen
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Niederthai:
- Ötztal XC Ski Center, chargeable € 5,- per day
32T 649047 5220399
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, wind-, rain-, snow- and sun protection, hat and gloves is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view