SATTELE -> Feldring Alm -> Marlstein -> SATTELE
Distance 8.6 km
From the "Sattele" above Ochsengarten you walk along the forest road to Feldring Alm. Discover a beautiful landscape and nice views over the Inntal-valley and the skiing area of Hochoetz. Follow the hiking path to Marlstein and from there through the forest back to Sattele.
Safety informationPlease pay attention to the current weather- & avalanche report: https://www.oetztal.com/de/winter.html & https://avalanche-report/albina-web/bulletin/2019-01-07?lang=de
Tips and hintsMore details about winter hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/winterwandern
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
- Sattele, above Ochsengarten; paid parking
32T 645930 5232674
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, wind-, rain-, snow- and sun protection, hat and gloves is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view