Lovely tour to Venter Tal valley and Rofenhöfe farms - Austria's highest, permanently settled farmhouses.
Distance 43.6 km
The tour into the Venter Valley and back to Sölden is long at 40 kilometers, but the almost 700 meters in altitude are very evenly distributed. In addition, the asphalt surface ensures that it always rolls smoothly. At the same time, the highest point of the tour is reached there at 2014m. The starting point for this tour is the Freizeit Arena in Sölden. From there you drive along the Ötztaler Bundesstraße to Zwieselstein, where you then turn right into the Ventertal. In Vent, the road continues in the direction of Rofen. There are two rest stops there. In addition, one has a breathtaking view of the surrounding mountains of Vent from the highest farms in Austria!
Safety informationThe sometimes fairly stepps climbs and difficult downhill stretches require both sporty biking skills and defensive cycling. Good stamina and intermediate biking rechniques are an absolute must. Sporty and active (pleasure) cycling ist he main priority.
Tips and hintsSplendid Rofenhöfe farms are Austria's highest, permanently settled farmhouses. A mountain inn can be found there. The secluded mountain village of Vent looks back on a lively history. For a long time the farmhouses belonged to noble families from South Tyrol's Vinschgau region. Still today, some 2000 sheep are driven from Schnalstal valley to the Vent's lush pasturelands every summer. A millennium-old path which probably was also used by Ötzi - The Iceman, who was found in the immediate surroundings.
More details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Sölden:
- Base station of Gaislachkogl, free of charge
- Base station of Giggijoch, free of charge
32T 652904 5203733
EquipmentApproproate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, helmet, gloves, glasses, GPS device or detailed maps. If there is no hut on the way please bring a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view